Crowns bear the weight of fortification. If your tooth enamel has failed or a tooth has become injured, usually a dental crown is needed to provide the future protection the tooth will need in order to flourish. Even teeth that may have collapsed or worn away over time due to wear and tear may bloom once more with the support of a dental crown.
The excitement of a better smile awaits with dental crowns. The key to understanding dental crowns includes the following:
– Usually, dental crowns can last over twenty years and are easily replaced if damaged or knocked loose.
– Dental crowns fully conceal a tooth down to the gum line on all sides.
– Thanks to their design, dental crowns can help defend your mouth against tooth decay and gum disease.
– Dental crowns can place fillings in a tooth when a tooth’s surface is smaller than the filling itself.
– Dental crowns can be fashioned to mimic the look, shape, and function for the teeth that they have replaced.
– Interestingly, dental crowns can bind broken bits of teeth together that otherwise would serve no functional purpose and would need to be extracted.
If you would like to schedule your dental crown treatments at Aria Irvani DDS or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Aria Irvani and our team at our dentist office in Foothill Ranch, California, please give us a call at 949-382-1270. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!